First Week of ITP

It's been quite a while since i last wrote something in my blog. It should be before the CNY period when i last wrote an entry in.

So before i start saying anything,
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE! HAVE A HAPPY RAT YEAR!


While everyone started their ITP on Monday after the long break of CNY, i started mine on tuesday not actually knowing that they actually decided to rest one more day before starting work. Made me wait outside the office for about one hour waiting for something to happen like that. After i gave up waiting outside the office, i went home to sleep for another few more hours since i couldn't get any of my brothers on the phone!!

Rested another day more, i formally start my internship on Tuesday. Before i start about my first impression on the company on my first day, let me just give a brief description of the company i am attached to. I'm attached to a web-based design company, which provide branding of the client, programming applications related to the client and many more services. If so interested in the company, you can actually go to this website for more details.

I reported on time for my first day of work, and waited at the conference room for about 30 minutes before the technical manager came in and have a short chat with me. He told me about the company's regulations and certain stuff which i might need to take note during my short stint in GNU. After about 15 minutes of chat, he left the room and left me carry on waiting till about 11.30am before my immediate supervisor came along with the CEO of the company. While i was in the conference room waiting, i was basically doing nothing so time was passing off pretty slowly. During the wait, i actually managed to complete certain stuff, reading 4 chapters of the book my Godma gave me for my birthday last year, read finish the whole 8 days i bought. Excluding the fact i also use my laptop in attempt to try to logon to RO and play a while=p

After my supervisor came, she came in and got me to sign certain agreement with the company. Took me around an hour before i signed all the documents. Most of it were contracts on the works that i will be doing and using during my stay here in GNU. nothing much of a harm it can be done unless i took their clients to another company, so i went ahead to sign the documents. Had my lunch around noon with 2 other workers which is my lunch buddies for the rest of my time here. My first task from the company was to make some branding for the company as the logos and namecard they are currently holding on is relatively old and have been around for quite some time already. I finally managed to start working on my computer that was assigned to me. Although it wasn't as what i have expected but i guess i can't comment much about it and have to just be contented with what is given to me. Now if you think its the worse that can happen, when i try to move around with the PC, i realised there is alot of softwares that is missings in my PC.

Though my supervisor said she will install it when she is free later on, but its already been one week and i only have those limited softwares to use. However, I still got to complete the task and assignment given to me, so i have to be flexible in using whatever software that i can use in my computers. For the past one whole week, it may get quite boring at times, but i have learn alot from just this past whole week though i may feel to be over-worked at times. I'm not talking about the working hours, just the work that have to be done.

I guess i will just stop here and maybe the coming week will be a better one that this!!=D

0 comments:

Post a Comment