End of week no.5

Hmm, after so dragging my feet for the past whole week, i finally managed to clear wk 5, and getting on with wk 6. There is good and bad news to be told actually, i guess i will start with the bad one first. The one and only designer left in the company is ME! as my other partner apparently had to go for reservist for at least 2 weeks. Means in the next two week, as long there is design work that can be entrusted me to do, i believe they will chunk anything and everything they can at me while they can. Maybe i told a few people about this, but i don't remember blogging it out. After i got my first pay cheque from the company, they gave me according to the number of days i reported for work, and so i also calculated back in the same manner and found out that actually, I'm only being paid $0.90/hr as an intern designer. Also my working hours are 9-6 and may seem normal compared to some other jobs, but getting paid in that amount and doing as thought I'm being paid at $9/hr. I know I'm going there to learn and experience real life, but $10/day is really too little for I'm paying for my own lunch at CBD area. The most budget i could go was $3 without drinks, and i will feel hungry at around 5+ so i also don't know to describe it.

Anyway, i got my wk 5 results from the technical manager and i was seriously kinda surprised at the grade he gave me. Not that i don't deserved it, but i believed I've been slacking more than i did during the first four weeks. Maybe cause i have more work to do, and I've been able to clear most of my designs within 2 mock ups nowadays. Talking about it now makes me think about tomorrow's work cause i really dragged my feet for this one mock up and somehow i don't feel good about it at all, worse is i don't know how to go about salvaging the whole overall look even after spending at least 2-3 hours researching on relevent websites.

As the grade shows for Week 6,

Conduct: B
Performance: A
Attendance: Regular
Punctuality: Satisfactory

0 comments:

Post a Comment