First Impression.

This is going to be quite a short post i think.

I received an email not too long ago from the company that i was attached to, asking me for my CV and portfolio. They also request that i go down to the company for a 'preview' as they can't really reject me even if i was the worst intern they can get as it seems the attachment is already confirm le.

From this, i can only conclude that the school is quite stupid to do such attachment. Firstly, why did the school changed the ITP period during the end of my 2nd year, and hold it during the 9 weeks of holidays that i've been waiting for. Not only i have to do my attachment during the holidays, i have to report back to school 2 days after i clear my attachment, and its 17 weeks of school again!! Not that i would rather have a longer attachment period, but its because 3 years in the school, with your 2nd year holiday cut just like that, i just dont feel good about it at all. Secondly, the school asked us to submit all the required items to them so they can send our stuff to the companys if we are chosen, it seems they are try to slot us to what we chose and the company doesn't even know nuts about the intern they are going to get. They only kow they are going to be having one or two interns helping them. One can really wonder what they are expecting from us? Maybe just go there and make coffee, photocopy and sweep the floor for them during our ITP period?? I can say lucky to have chosen a web-based design company as my attachment, but i havent really gone to work, so its no comments about it at the moment.

I just feel that the school could have done a much better job by making at least more effort in getting us the right path, as what they always say. Guess i will just end my complain here before this get abit unreadable....

As i had the car that day, so i drove my way down to Clarke Quay and found the way to The Riverwalk, parked my car at the carpark and looking for the company straight. I thought i will be late due to the unforseen jam on the way there, however i made it there on time, or slightly before time. When i was looking for the place, i had this thinking from what i saw from the web, that this company is quite big and doing mostly company database using World Wide Web (WWW). But when i finally found the place, it was susprisingly quite 'big' that i expected, and the manpower is really 'alot'. I shall skip my initial thought and my first impression of the person-in-charge as @#$%^&*((*&^%$#@ cannot be said^^...

Hopefully i left a good impression to the person-in-charge, and all i can do is wait and see what i have to do during my ITP period and hopefully try to get my first ever DIST from this=D

0 comments:

Post a Comment